Well, we've been to enough funerals for a while. Three in the span of 10 days is plenty. My uncle, my husband's grandma, and my grandpa all had funerals. The last one was today.
Poor Keegan had sit in a car to go all over Michigan, and then he had to sit quietly during the funerals and ride all of the way back. He did a great job, though.
I think the toughest part of all is that we have been on an emotional roller-coaster, partially due to the fact that we are celebrating all three of our birthdays over this same span of time. First, we heard that my uncle passed away. Then, we heard that Jeff's grandma was not doing well. So, we visited his grandma in the hospital and then my aunt on the way back from the pharmacy conference. Very soon, a four hour ride home turned into about five hours of driving and many hours of visiting.
On a Thursday, I went to my uncle's funeral. Just my brother and my parents went. It was a bit strange because I can't remember the last time that just my brother and I sat with my parents in a church pew without spouses or any children with us.
On Friday, my grandpa passed away.
On Saturday, we celebrated my birthday.
On Sunday, Jeff's dad called to let us know that the family was taking his grandma off of life support. We drove three hours to visit with her one more time. Keegan stayed with some friends because we came home very late, and we felt that he didn't need to sit around a hospital room all day.
Tuesday - Jeff's grandma passed away.
Wednesday - we celebrated Keegan's birthday.
Friday - we headed east across the state for Jeff's grandma's funeral.
Saturday - we headed north across the Lower Peninsula for my grandpa's funeral.
Next Monday, will be Jeff's birthday.
-up, down, up, down, up, down, up down-
We've laughed; we've cried. I feel like running a mile or two because I've just been sitting a lot lately, but I'm exhausted from travel and emotions. I'm going to go lay on the living room floor and not think for the next 20 minutes or so, just because I can!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow...it is an amazing consolation to know Jesus is with us through every up and down event that comes along! Praying that you will have a quiet week!
Post a Comment