Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dear God, Thank You for Football...

I'm amused as my son prays in the evening.

"Dear God, thank you for football and that we got to play a scrimmage today and that I can tackle people and that we can play offense and defense..."

After several "thank you's" and about all of the football vocabulary he knows, he asks for healing of the same four people, and he's done.

As a matter of thought, I am thankful for football. Keegan has developed, and he really has been more obedient since practices began. He's having a blast. He's tired and sleeps very well at night.

Keegan is much more motivated to complete homework and his chores, too. Homework was becoming a drudgery tonight, and all I had to say was that he wasn't going to practice until it was done. Five minutes later, we are finished, and he has everything correct. Wow! What a brilliant child we have. Now, if we can focus that type of determination all year long. Basketball, soccer, baseball, and hockey...hmm.

1 comment:

Bugle Boy said...

HOCKEY! There's no question about that. : )