Monday, December 6, 2010

Darling Serena!

Well, all of the adoption information is official: Serena is ours for good! We are all very excited, but Serena was shouting, crying, and smiling all at the same time.

When we decorated for Christmas this year, we hid a couple of ornaments for Serena in the box of ornaments for her to find. When she found the penguins with all of our names on four figurines, she fell to the floor giggling and shouting about how happy she was that she is really a part of the family. She's a dramatic one!

There are also some Serena-isms. A while ago, she spoke about the half-American. Jeff looked relatively puzzled, and I recalled an earlier conversation where I asked her to call people with black skin "African-Americans." HA! Well, just five minutes ago, she launched into a bunch of questions about people in the ditch. Jeff and I were puzzled, but then I burst into laughter. Some DUTCH friends of our cut a tree from our property on the DUTCH Christmas. They came yesterday, and she used all of her background knowledge to come up with the poor people in the ditch! HAHAHAHA!

No comments: