A long time ago in a land far, far away, I had a fantastic worship Pastor. He was always taking the time to help the congregants, especially those involved in the music ministry, to meditate on the goodness of God. One particular devotional time, he focused on little glimpses of Heaven. Loosely defined, a little glimpse of Heaven is a gift God provides to spur-on our love and affection towards Jesus. Perhaps these moments are a ray of sunshine during a particularly gloomy season of our lives. Sometimes, the glimpses are a stark reminder of Matthew 15:58.
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."
"Our labor is not in vain in the Lord."
Right now, our family has been wading through some dark days. Our calling to work with children from hard places seems over-burdensome. Yesterday, God gave me a great encouragement. Our eldest son, who is 23 years old now, stopped by the house while I was outside. He said that he was heading from one worksite to another and thought he would say, "Hi." He gave me a quick hug and left. As he pulled out, he rolled down the window and shouted in front of his work-mate, "I LOVE YOU, MOM!"
I told him that I loved him, too. He drove away. Tears started to roll down my cheeks. God gave me a much needed blessing to continue to be faithful to his calling: love on kiddos from difficult circumstances because your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment