I love Advent and Christmas time! All of the anticipation and good vibes that come from the Nativity story, music, lights, presents, and food. Sometimes, I get so “wrapped up” (Haha. Funny, I know…) in all the experiences and memories, that I lose sight of the calling because the perfect Christmas has to have all of the “feels.”
I’m working as a full-time teacher again. Time simply escapes me. Sometimes, dinner is just a frozen pizza because that’s all of the energy I have left.
God sent his Son to the earth as a baby to become the sacrificial atonement for our sins in order to provide a way for us to have restored relationship with the God, the Father. This is a truly AWESOME gift.
Gifts are great, but gifts amidst God’s calling are even better.
In the midst of this, I’ve been recounting what Jesus laid aside to fulfill the mission God had for himself.
Philippians 2:5-8
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

No comments:
Post a Comment