Today, my dear husband and I submerged ourselves in the basement. Specifically, we worked on the final room! No, we're not even close to finishing, but there was much accomplished today.
It doesn't sound like a lot, but we put cement board up in the fireplace. The fireplace will face the main room, so it is currently drywalled in. This created a fun time as we fit the last piece of cement board in place. I had the opportunity to crawl into our fireplace and fit the last piece to make sure it would work. This means that I crawled into a little box, put the cement board over the opening, and had no way out until my husband pushed the cement board back at me so I could get out. Needless to say, my jokester of a husband was making unnerving comments the entire time.
Cement board creates a lot of dust, more dust than sanding drywall mud. Jeff and I look like two tired old people. We look tired because it's exhausting work, and we look old because our hair is gray!
Anyhow, the basement is coming.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Exciting! It must be a lot of fun to be shaping the house together! We miss you guys...
You forgot to tell me which superpowers you would like to have!
Um...I couldn't sleep...that's why I was up so late.
Post a Comment