Friday, August 14, 2009

I Know It Sound Corny!

I know it sounds corny, but after close observation, our family approaches life the way we approach corn on the cob.

Jeff-the leader/choleric/dominant/lion personality - He begins by methodically and quickly eating around both ends, so he has a better gripping position for the duration without burning his finger tips. Then, he rapidly rotates the corn in circles, keeping the butter circulating around. He feels a sense of accomplishment when the task is done.

Myself-contemplative/melancholy/Conscientiousness/beaver personality - I find the butter and salt. I take my sweet time, but I eat straight from one end of the ear to the other in nice neat rows. I often finish last, but I often have the best clean-picked ear in the end.

Keegan-the friendly/sanguine/Influence/otter personality - Oh my! He hap-hazardly slathers butter around and dumps a ton of salt, mostly missing the corn. Then he grabs onto both ends, finding the messiest possible way to handle the corn. Next, he takes a giant chomp out of the very middle JUST BECAUSE IT'S FUN, followed by a spin of his wrists to find another middle place from which to take his next bite. After most of the rewarding and filling mouthfuls are gone, he works a bit longer to find whatever kernels remain that he deems worthy of effort to finish. Then he grabs a napkin and wipes as much of his face as he can find, turns and asks for Jeff and my approval on how he cleaned his face.

What a hoot!

No comments: