Sunday, December 13, 2009

Five Years!

Jeff and I have been officially married for five years now! Sometimes, I shake my head and wonder where the time has gone. At other times, I shake my head and think that we should have at least made the 10 year milestone by now.

As I look back, I see how God has been ever shaping us and molding us wonderfully together as a couple. Here are a few highlights:

1. On Dec. 11, 2004, we were married. Our reception was held at our church with 32 live Christmas trees and over 300 people in attendance.

2. We adopted a wonderful boy!

3. We survived Emergency room visits by all three of us-my Krohn's disease, Jeff's roll over, Keegan's bee stings.

4. We built a great deal at our previous house, completely finishing the basement with a bathroom, living room, bedroom, office, and utility room. At first, I didn't help much because I didn't know what I was doing, and Jeff told me to sit there and watch him. He learned how to teach better, and I learned a whole lot about building!

5. We survived multiple falling trees!

6. We moved to a 20 acre farm, which we began to renovate.

7. We have learned to be much more content with what the good Lord gives us.

Hopefully, we will have another 50 years to serve God and grow.

No comments: