Saturday, March 13, 2010

Baby Monitors and Other State Requirements

In order to fulfill our requirements on our treatment plan with Serena, we had to purchase a baby monitor for the toy room upstairs. Either we bought a monitor, or they couldn't be upstairs alone. Of course, we got the silly thing.

Sometimes, it is just nice to know what the children are doing. Sometimes, I would rather be without. Sometimes, Jeff and I just laugh at the conversation taking place. Sometimes, I just want to throw it out the window.

As of today, the following has happened through the baby monitor:
1. vocal serenading from the children
2. music from the singing fish and the CD player. Unfortunately, they place the speaker right next to the monitor so that I can hear, too.
3. movie lines - Keegan and Serena quote them right into the monitor to entertain us.
4. tattling (Literally, the run to the one-way monitor, tattle, and expect me to come upstairs. I haven't moved yet.)
5. arguing
6. every thump, bump, and step of the elephant herd children
7. complaining when it is time to clean the toy room
8. "Oh, my WORD!" (I really need to stop saying that.)

No comments: