Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25, 2011 - It's funny that I wrote this exactly one year ago today!






Contentment is a choice worth making every day.  The sun rises and sets as the Lord designs.  In the same way, life’s circumstances come and go through God’s divine appointment.  However, contentment does not revolve upon what the maker of the universe does as much as it depends on my attitude towards the Heavenly Father’s character. 

The Bible clearly states that God has his children’s best interest in mind as He governs the events of this world.  Romans 8:28 states, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”  Even Joseph, as found in Genesis, explains to his brothers that what they had meant for evil, God turned for good.


So many more examples surface throughout the Bible, but the best example is explained in the four Gospels.  Jesus willingly died on a criminals’ cross to pay the penalty for sin, allowing the human race a way to permanently be forgiven of their sin and be with the Father forever.

Since God willingly sacrificed his Son for me, I must choose contentment every day.  How can He wrong me? I am compelled to daily trust in the character of my Lord and Savior.  No longer can I ride the wave of random feelings that come and go with my situation and change like the wind.  God remains unchanged.  Even though He reveals His plan for my life gradually, His plan has not changed.  I must believe and be content.

Hebrews 13:5 & 6
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

   “Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”[a]
 So we say with confidence,
   “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
   What can man do to me?”

No comments: