Tuesday, May 14, 2024

I Hurt

I hurt.  There's not much else to say.  We visited J the last four days.  He treated us poorly.  He made his next level at the youth home only to start treating everyone else exactly like he had before the new level.  We got to take him off of campus because he was on the new level.  Most people continue to say he is making "no progress."

Well, God has a purpose for my life and a calling.  I need to press forward and be useful.  Not that my own usefulness becomes my salvation, but God's calling me to be purposeful.  He has called me ever since the day I accepted him as the salvation for my sins.  Jesus died on a criminal's cross to redeem my life.  I cannot wallow in my own insufficiencies.  I cannot sit around and wait for other people to act in accordance with God's will.  I must take action--daily action--to make use of the life God has given to me.

"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.  We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."

-Hebrews 6:10-12

I hurt, but I am not rendered useless.

No comments: