I'm so excited. This past Sunday was such a blessing as far as planning a service. We all worked really hard, and things were not coming together. God took my weakness, and he made it, oh, so very strong!!
We had a short drama that went with the Casting Crowns song "Slow Fade." At first, I didn't understand why my friend and harmonizer, Alissa, showed me the song. Then, God brought everything together. The song talks about how entertaining little poor thoughts and choices eventually becomes a slow fade into really poor choices. In the skit, a man and wife eventually break-up, and the young son watches his father walk off with another woman. How powerful is that?
On another subject, we seem to be doing a lot of entertaining lately. I think our open-house policy is wonderful, but I'm not sure if we will be able to do that with adopted children. Yes, we are in the process to be approved for adoption. Our case worker comes next Monday to check us out. I'm excited. I hope that Jeff and I will be able to act normally. (I think we can act normally, but I'm not totally sure.) Back to entertaining, we have the revolving door here. I think the sheets are in the washer and dryer much more than they are on the spare beds. I know that's not true, but it feels true.
We have missionary friends staying this weekend, and Seth is coming back on Wednesday to hunt deer with Jeff. I'm not sure if Seth will enjoy being quiet in the woods for 3+ hours, but we will see how it goes. We really like spending time with the little guy. He's not so little anymore either. His feet are as big as mine, and I won't wrestle with him anymore. He's too strong! Alas, they grow so quickly. *pout, sniff*
I need to go work with a wonderfully quiet class that is reading now. Today is a good day!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment