Monday, July 21, 2008

Singing with Keegan

So, this child is entirely very happy...all of the time. Keegan begins singing at about, oh, let's say two seconds after he wakes up. Fortunately, he is most entertaining. Unfortunately, he is really loud!

I have really enjoyed singing with him in the kitchen or when we are doing chores. He does the leader-response songs really well.

Here are some quotes from Keegan's most memorable songs. Just add any random tune, and you'll be really close.

"I'm going to the country with my farmer dad."

"I play my guitar, then it flips around my back 'cause I bought a good strap."

"My mommy really loves me because she don't let me get away with nothing!"

"Fee, Fie, Foe, Fum. I smell the blood of an English man!"

"I've got a Keegan on my face. His name is Keegan ________ _________." Fill in his middle and soon-to-be last name.

"I'm just a Keegan-boy" at the top of his lungs over and over and over and over and over again until I loudly say his name. Then he stifles a grin, walks over to me, and meekly says, "Yes, mom," half hugging me and staring with those big brown eyes, looking extremely innocent. How can anyone be angry at that?


Keegan is also learning songs from our church and CD's. Jeff and I were excited when he was singing, "Holy, holy, holy" from "Open the Eyes of My Heart" as he played around the house or when he sang "Holy Father" (the chorus from "Invitation"). At other times, he doesn't have all of the lyrics correct.

"Cast your worthy unto Jesus," instead of cast your burdens unto Jesus.

"There is only one God. His name is Uncle Jesus."

"La, la, la. Hey, la, la. Menstruate my love for you," instead of demonstrate my love for you.

"Lying in the garbage" instead of lying on the carpet.

No comments: