Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sensational!

I shall now list the many sensations found on our farm in the Spring time.

bright - the appearance of the light through our bedroom window, telling us to arise

coffee - the morning aroma which happily greets us

dog rub - the feel of an excited Chester snuggling against me as I awake Keegan

singing - the "at the top of my lungs" sound of our ever happy nine-year-old at 6:45 AM!

cinnamon rolls - the smell of an occasional breakfast

bustle and shuffle - the sound of people getting ready for work and school

quiet - 7:55am - the sound soon after the boys leave the house

Monday's Mount Laundry - the sight of all the clothes we wear as professionals by day and farmers by night

sigh - the sound as I realize that I am at the last sip of coffee and must soon attack Mount Laundry

the odor of dirty clothes-farm dirty clothes

blue - the color of the sky as I gaze out the window

the sweet smell of grass as I open the windows

classic oak - the color of stain on the new shoe racks

varnish - the smell of freshly stained shoe racks in the barn

paint thinner - the stench as I try to clean the stain off of my paintbrush

singing - the joyful sounds of birds at the bird feeder

lilac - the scent of newly transplanted bushes

the aroma of freshly baked bread

buzz - the sound of a dryer demanding my time

blue and white - the color of my laundry baskets

talking - the joy of picking up Keegan from school

hungry - the sensation of a boy most of the time, but especially after school

disappointment - the feeling that comes with being allowed to eat only a snack at 3:30pm and not the entire house

barking - the sound of dogs when Jeff arrives home

supper - the smell of leftovers from Keegan's open house

blue - the color of Keegan's lips, teeth, tongue, face, hands, and even shirt after eating heavily colored frosting on his cake

gray -the color of retaining wall block for our new garden

sore - the sensation of putting up retaining wall for three days

black - the color of dirt while digging a level path to place retaining wall block

purple - the color of my pinkie after being smashed between two blocks

red - the color of my eyes as my pinkie really hurt and the color of the blood oozing out

tan - the color of the band-aid I put on my pinkie

black - the color my pinkie is now

blue - the color of my work gloves as I slid them back on to go back outside and work

brown - the color of my son's eyes as he looks up at me and asks if I'm ok

redish/orange - the color of the sky when Keegan has to start getting ready for bed

streaked and smudged - the look of a certain nine year old upon entering the house

ocean fresh - the scent of a clean little boy after he takes a shower

dark tan - the skin color of my son after being outside

thankfulness - the sound of praying at the end of the day

gray - the color of retaining wall dust all over my clothes as clean Keegan gave me hug before bed

hobble - what I do as I go back outside to work

Red Wings - the sound of the radio playing in the truck as we continue to put up retaining wall

itching - the sensation after receiving a mosquito bite or twenty

bug spray - the stench as I try to defend myself from the mighty mosquito

dusk - the light as Jeff and I observe our finished garden bed

filthy - my view when I look in the mirror

sweet pea and violet - the smell of my bath soap!

pink - the color of severely scrubbed skin

green - the color of my hubby's eyes as we process our day together

howl - the sounds of coyotes in the woods

masked - the face of the raccoon eating up all of the bird seed

red - the color of Jeff's face when he realizes that a raccoon is eating his bird seed

camouflage - the color of my son's BB-Gun

stomp - the sound of my husband on the porch trying to find the raccoon

snickering - the sound I make because my husband is so defensive of his bird seed

1 comment:

Bugle Boy said...

*snaps fingers in a coffe shop clapping sort of way*

Well put! Well put!