Saturday, July 24, 2010

Camping

We went camping with our church two weeks ago. Upon our return a week ago, I got caught up on laundry and garden work. Finally, I get to post some pictures. I didn't really take many, though, because I was busy having fun camping!



This was a giant chair from Menard's. One of the salespeople goes to our church, and he has a lot of fun toys that he kept telling the children to tell me about. He's a great guy, but he is definitely a salesman. This chair was an item of interest to all, young and old.


We tried to make most meals on the campfire. Jeff told me that we could just stay at home and cook on the campfire next year since we live three miles away. Please, notice the bikes and hammock in the background. We had most of the comforts of home.


Here is the tent we found at a garage sale. It needed a little work, and it gets a bit wet during a downpour, but overall it is very nice. It has lots of ventilation and space for us, our gear, and walking room!


The children were having a good time.


Here's mama and daughter. Aww.
We had a bunch of fun. We made new tye-dye shirts, and we went swimming lots. (I didn't want to venture down to the beach with the camera.) It was so hot that even Jeff went swimming, and he usually doesn't go. There were campfires everynight where most everyone would gather at some families campsite. Slowly, all children would be sent to bed, but the adults would stay up until midnight or later.
On Friday, we had a campfire with about 40 people as Jeff and I sang and played worship music on our guitars. (Jeff found an amp for his bass; no he didn't learn acoustic guitar.) People from different areas of the entire camp came over. It was really neat.
Upon our return home, we found that the garden had flourished while we were gone.

Here are the varieties that took off: cherry tomatoes, pickles, green beans, and yellow squash.

No comments: