Saturday, July 17, 2010

The FAIR 2010!

So last year I wrote about the FAIR. Please, reread about it in July of 2009. I mention being country folk and seeing Johnny sell his pig as big events. This year it gets even better! We not only visited Johnny, his family, and his pig, we bought his pig!

For those of you who may think that we will keep Bob, the pig, you are mistaken. Tonight is Bob's last night, and tomorrow he will become bacon! Anyhow, Serena decided to talk to Bob one last time. She told him, "Don't worry. It will all be over soon, and you'll be dead," as she patted his head.

I feel like such an anti-city-dweller right now. We went to the auction to watch a bunch of people bid on 4-H animals. The auctioneer was amusing.

Later, the children rode on the rides, and Keegan puked all over the place. How exciting.

1 comment:

Wendell & Mary said...

Just wanted to let you know that we both got a kick out of Serena's comments to the pig. Thanks for a great laugh this morning :)