I've heard many times that while raising children, the days are long but the years are short. This means that the daily routine becomes laborious, making the days feel long and tiresome. However, the years are short, which means all too soon the once little children "grow up" and become adults. This reality is descending upon our house rather quickly.
Being an analytical person, I tend to reflect...dwell...ok, I overthink everything! Several nephews and nieces as well, as our eldest, now live on their own. Our daughter drives with her own license while our little guy, Jay, reminds us that he is nine-years-old. How did this happen so quickly?
Last night after dinner, my husband started reading the Bible for our devotional time. As usual, Jay rounded our dining table and plopped down on my lap. Nostalgia overtook me. When Jay was a toddler, I always put him in my lap during family devos because he wiggled so very much. Attempting to keep the distractions to a minimum, I selfishly encouraged Jeff to keep the Bible reading brief because I felt like I was wrestling an octopus.
As time progresses, Jay wiggles somewhat less. He really doesn't NEED to sit on my lap during devos, but he still sojourns to my seat at the table. One day, he will be far too old and tall for such things, but for the time being, I will treasure the moments when he feels comfortable just connecting with his mom.
Saturday, January 5, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment