Jeff had told me that he was planning a surprise for our anniversary, and I told him that I had accepted a two week subbing position. Well, God gave us the best anniversary gift this year could have: two snow days!! I had no school on Dec. 11, our 3rd anniversary, and on Dec. 12, too! Yay for God!

Jeff purchased some flowers for me. Aren't they beautiful?!
Jeff took me to a place near White Cloud.
***Actually, he may have "brought" me to a place near White Cloud. You see, Jeff learned this silly grammar rule about the words take and bring, but anytime I begin to think I understand when those words are supposed to be used, I use them incorrectly. So, I decided that it wasn't important anymore, but I put this mini-blog in just for my dear hubby. :) Hi, Hon!***
This wonderful place is called The Shack. I don't know why it's called The Shack because it certainly doesn't fit that name by any means. The owners told us that when they began many years ago, it was just a shack. It's located in Jugville, MI. If you can get past the name and the location name, it's really a great place! If you don't believe me, check it out:
The Shack
Well, Jeff and I had a great time. We ate at the ice cream social, played pool on a grand eight foot long table with leather pockets, played shuffleboard (Jeff had never played), and we explored a couple of buildings. Jeff and I enjoy looking at the construction and materials of different places as we develop different ideas about the dream home we want to one day build. Jeff also reserved us a room with a hot tub! Yay for Jeff!
Well, the next morning, we had to get up early in order to drive home, so I could be at the school where I was subbing on time. Unfortunately, it's a junior high that begins at 7:30am. WOW! We were all ready to leave, when I saw the school listed for a snow day. So, Jeff went back to sleep, and I was wide awake. Needless to say, I was very tired that evening.
We had a blast! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:
We love the Shack! Good job, Jeff!
Post a Comment