Saturday, December 1, 2007

Dr. Jeff & Decorating

This week has been an exciting week! Jeff finally received his official diploma for his Doctorate of Pharmacy! Now, he gets to wear funny robes at graduation. One of the ladies at the medical clinic call him "doctor drug boy." I'm glad that she doesn't do that in front of the patients.

Another exciting thing happened today. We cut down a Christmas tree. We head down to a few towns south of us to find a tree.



This year, we actually took the dogs with us. They are not accustomed to walking on a leash, so there was some tugging and pulling, but they calmed down soon enough.



We walked through several trees, but we always end up in the white pine section. Actually, we always begin there, too, but we think we'll find something better elsewhere among the spruce or fir trees. Needle-less to say (ha!), we always come back to the full, fragrant white pines. Here's the pick of this year.



I was so cold that I huddled in my coat, looking like a big blue marshmallow.



So here it is in the house.



And here it is lit.



This is the picture that I painted in the window. It's not bad, but it's not stellar either. I keep picking at stuff, and Jeff keeps telling me to not over-examine it. Then he told me that Joseph looks Japanese because the eyes look slanted. I was not thrilled that my current artistic abilities made the Jewish man looks Asian. Anyhow, I told Jeff that I would fix the eyes and make them a different shape. He told me to relax and leave Japanese Joe alone. *pout, sniff* Oh, well, next year's will turn out better, I hope!

4 comments:

BeckyG. said...

Your painting turned out really good! I actually didn't think Joseph looked Asian until you said Jeff thought it! And really, people that drive by and see it will probably not think that..they will just notice the beautiful painting and say, wow that is cool! Your tree looks good too. Have fun picking up all the needles....:) Glad we don't have too!

Gina said...

Yay for Christmas trees! Has Schnitzel attacked yet?

the Pharmer's Wife said...

Hey, Gina,

Yes, Schnitzel attacked. I found three ornaments on the floor. Fortunately, they were still in tact. She had the audacity to try in front of me, so I let her know that I disapproved.

Bugle Boy said...

I thought that he looked Asian when you showed us the original drawing...maybe Joesph was really a wise man from the far east?

I'm glad you are enjoying a real tree. Look at all those pine needles in the pictures! Not only would I be itching and scratching at that point, but I'd be hiring someone to clean the carpet.