On Saturday, I went to the Maritime Museum. I had a lot of fun. It is a collection of five ships that people are allowed to walk through. One was the main museum with many displays, and they have an exhibit that walks you through their boiler room system.
Another ship was a Soviet Submarine from the cold war. It was tiny! I'm glad that I am so short. It is scary how little space those Navy soldiers actually have.
A third and fourth ship was a mix between a 1850's English commerce ship and a pirate ship. They said that the pirates always stole the European ships, so they looked very similar.
The fifth ship was a small pleasure boat built around 1900.
If you want to see or read more, check out Maritime Museum of San Diego.
Then, I went shopping again, but I walked. No driving for me that day!
Jeff heard two really great speakers over the past two days. One of them said that he was sick of hearing about young people's "problems." He said that many young people, especially the crowd at the Pharmacy Conference, had inconveniences, not problems. Because of that, this man literally told the students to "shut-up" and do the work that they needed to quit complaining about inconveniences and invest time in other people's lives.
Another speaker has a phenomenal story. She was a fifteen year old when her mom died. She became homeless because she ran away from social workers. She completed high school, and she now attends Harvard! Wow! Talk about picking yourself up by your bootstraps.
For more info, check out Liz Murray
Later, I went to see an exhibit about Pompeii, which was destroyed and preserved by Mount Vesuvius erupting in 79AD. It was very interesting.
Natural History Museum
I also saw the miniature railroad museum. They have mini scale models of the land and topography of the railroads around the San Diego area. It's really cool, and I took lots of pictures for Keegan.
Mini Railroads








For Jeff's Birthday, we went to a nice Italian restaurant. It was the Dean's dinner, and the Dean is a very nice man from Liverpool, England. He has a wonderful English accent, so that was fun all by itself. I asked the waiter to put a candle on Jeff's dessert, and the Dean said in his English accent, "Aww, Jeff, your gonna break de budget with that candle, there." We had a blast.

No comments:
Post a Comment