Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not the Goat, Really!

The doctors still don't exactly know what's wrong with me. At first they tried to blame it on food poisoning. Here's a funny conversation we had.

Doctor 1: Since this began on Monday, did you eat anything unusual before then?

Sheryl: *grins* I had goat for lunch on Sunday, but nobody else got sick from it.

Doctor 1: You had WHAT???

Sheryl: *still grinning* Goat...but I don't think that's the problem.

Doctor 1: Let me go consult with another doctor. *leaves the room*

Sheryl: *hearing laughter in the hallway*

Doctor 1 & 2 enter

Doctor 2: You had what to eat on Sunday???

Sheryl: Goat...goat chops...at a friends house.

Doctor 1: *towards Doctor 2* ...but nobody else was sick from it?

Doctor 2: ...from eating a goat?

Sheryl: Right.

Doctor 2: Why did you have goat on Sunday? (Really, he was asking what possessed me to eat a goat?)

Sheryl: That's what my friends were having for dinner, and they invited us over.

Doctor 2: Oh. And who all ate the goat?

Sheryl: My son, myself, and their family.

Doctor 2: ...and nobody else felt sick.

Sheryl: nobody else

Doctor 2: Oh.

Much more meaningful conversation happened after that about what possibly was wrong with me.

As I leave the office, a nurse turned to me and asked, "Goat?"

I shook my head in disgust as I rambled on about how it was not the goat!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Ok, so I have to ask....who fed you goat??

Gina said...

and why? :o)

the Pharmer's Wife said...

Slomps-because their four Ethiopian children like it.