Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Third Floor Dash

I amused the nurses today by racing through the third floor, begging for pizza, and being quite chatty!

They said I was racing because many people around here can't even walk. It was a slow paced walk because I didn't want to trip over the IV pole I was toting around. The hallway is in the shape of a big "L," and the nurses station is right in the crux of the "L." As I would pass the nurses, they would pseudo-harass me by calling out, "slow-down" or "no running in the halls."

Finally, I walked right up to them with a grin on my face and said, "Let's play a game. I'll run around the hospital, and you try to find me." They seemed a bit amused, but not too much, by that suggestion.

After a moment, I noticed that they had pizza! As I begged for vegetarian pizza, I got a baked potato for supper out of the deal. They switched me to full food, and my nurse made a special order at the cafeteria for me! It's the little things in life that get me so excited.

No comments: