Now, we have a farm that COULD have animals. Last night, we took a two hour car ride with a friend who does have animals on his farm, and he told us story after story about animals being dumb or being killed by being dumb or being slaughtered by other animals. Needless to say, I was not feeling motivated to raise any sort of animals.
My mantra: I like plants; they want animals.
I enjoy my mantra, and here's why:
1. I have never heard of a plant leaving the property, a.k.a. "getting out."
2. Plants don't bite.
3. Plants don't have attitudes.
4. Plants need precious little care in the winter.
5. Plants don't need hay, meaning we won't have to cut, dry, and bail our hay fields; we can sell them for someone else to do the work. :)
6. I have never heard of someone naming a plant and not wanting to eat it when it became food on the table.
7. I can harvest my own fruits and veggies. I don't have to haul them any where and pay someone to butcher them.
8. Plants do not need or create emergency situations.
9. Even if plants are destroyed by other animals, there is little clean-up and no blood involved.
10. Tilling the soil to bury dead plants is much easier than hand digging a hole to bury a dead cow, horse, or any other two ton animal. (A hole for chickens might not be so bad, but if they're dead, they're messy.)
Allow me to reiterate, I feel like country-folk.
As this past week passed us by, we visited the fair. Keegan went on Tuesday with some family friends because Johnny was showing his pig! It was quite the big deal. (Did I mention that Johnny’s dad was the one telling us all of the above mentioned animal stories?)
Can you say "country-folk?"
Keegan really had a great time. The next day, Keegan and I met up with his friend Mike to ride the rides at the Fair.

They began with the swings. Being a mom who does not like most rides, I became the drink and toy carrier.




Here's Johnny, Mike, and Keegan.

This slide was nice because there were three spots for the boys to race each other.

...and they're off!

Looks like a close finish!

Happy guys on the cars.


This was the end of the fun house.



The carousel was fun...

...and parents were allowed to ride with their children for FREE!

The Hustler spun the children around and around. Johnny didn't want to go on this, so he kept me company on the ground.

We shouted at Mike and Keegan to look out while they spun around.


Keegan spent some extra money to jump on these things.


tippy toes...

...up...

...up...

...up he goes.

Day Three: Some girls allowed Keegan to come into the stall and pet their cows.
We visited all of the animals to consider what kind of animals we might like. Then, we visited them all again when dad came over after work.
I still don't want animals, unless they come vacuum sealed and go into a freezer.

3 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! The only animal I think would be fun is a horse!
Amen to the vacuum sealed/freezer part. I got some pictures from the guys on deployment and in many meals you can see the face of the original animal - I don't do that either!
Becky, horses are a lot of work I've heard.
Post a Comment