Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fare Thee Well!

To the former residence of our family: Fare Thee Well!

Our 2004 built house is officially not ours soon. The new residents moved in a few days ago and began renting from us until we close our deal. Jeff is heading there right now to remove the last of our possessions from the premises.

A few reflection thoughts are due in the area of comparison between the two houses.

1. Twenty acres is much nicer than 1.5.
2. A 100 year old house needs more work than a 5 year old house.
3. I miss all of the finished product of our basement construction and the hard work we poured into it.
4. I now know much more about construction and what we want in a remodel job at our current house.
5. I'll miss the blackberries at the former place, but I found red raspberries here!
6. We must reestablish the garden, but we have a good start already.
7. I shall not miss the tall-tall-tall trees that snap in a brisk wind.
8. I enjoy birch trees now.
9. I miss the walk-out basement.
10. We feel such a great sense of community here.

So, we'll take the bitter-sweet moments and cherish them all. Let the remodel begin!

No comments: