Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Smoothies for Dinner

This is not good parenting. Tonight we had smoothies for dinner. Keegan has some recipie book that he wanted us to make something out of. It's a healthy, easy, children's cookbook. Not many recipies even looked good, but we tried the smoothies. Of course, we used regular yogurt and whole milk instead of the fat free stuff. I had strawberry-banana. Keegan had a strawberry-banana-pineapple one. Jeff, due to his fond dislike for bananas, had a strawberry-pineapple smoothie. They are really easy to make.

Put some vanilla yogurt in a blender. Then, add some milk. It's most fun when you don't measure anything. :) Next, add some assorted, chopped fruit. Throw in a dash of honey for flavor. Blend until you're happy, and "presto," you have dinner...I mean smoothies. Make them as fatty or fat-free as you like.

Of course, being the sensible person that I am, I fixed Keegan a hot dog to round out the meal. (Don't worry; it was on a bun. All of my teacher friends are laughing right now because the school lunch menus always say "Hot Dog on a bun.")

What a meal!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Yes, the on a bun menu items are priceless, but my favorites have to be the ones which specify "on a stick." Something about that just isn't right.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.