I'm having a blast teaching private music lessons. I just realized that I really miss teaching in the classroom, though. My best friend, Gina, wrote about how she misses her classroom because she has a student teacher. I really do enjoy helping others learn skills.
Anyhow...*sheds a tear*
Music lessons are really fun. The local music store is benefiting, too! Jeff and I purchase lots of things there, and two of my students were there today. They got to talking with the owner, and the owner asked who was giving them lessons. When the one boy who was purchasing drum sticks said my name, the owner said, "I thought she plays guitar." The other boy said that I was teaching him the bass. Then, the drummer's mom said that I played a little of everything.
I'm a jack of all instruments, master of none. :) That makes me a good leader. I let other people get skills, and I just tell them what I want! JUST KIDDING!
I think it's been a lot of fun watching my different students develop. They all are really building their skills. It's most fun when I get to sit there and jam with the chill'uns. I spoke with the one boy about being somewhere in the middle of a busy drummer and a boring drummer. He's coming. I like to play "Sweet Home Alabama" while he experiments with different fills and beats.
Another student began today. He wants to learn how to play guitar. He looked at a chord chart, he fingered the chord correctly, and he seemed surprised at how easy it was. Actually, he learns extremely quickly, and I was a bit surprised that he could just look and play.
Anyhow...I should really go now. I've fished all of the cookie dough out of my chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, (I should have just purchased a tube of cookie dough!) and it's late.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very cool! It's good to know that you became a music teacher after all! HAHAHAHAHAHA! jk
Miss you.
:P~
Post a Comment