Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring is Here!

Well, Spring is finally here! I have proof, too! The crocus have begun to emerge from my garden!



Jeff is very excited because he can hear frogs at night. This is yet another sign of spring. I'm not so excited about the frogs.

-Changing Subjects Somewhat (But it's all related in my female mind)-

There is a Cosby Show episode where the parents meet one of their children's fiances through a surprise. The girl didn't tell her parents that she was dating anyone, let alone engaged. One day, she simply invited her fiance over to her parents' house, and he mentioned their engagement in front of the parents.

As time progressed, there was great tension about how the daughter introduced this man to her parents and neglected to mention that they were engaged until the man brought up the subject. Finally, when the family is at dinner and due to this tension, the man, in a seemingly acceptable way, confronts the parents about their attitude towards him.

In a manner that Bill Cosby excels, (Cosby plays the father) the father asks the man what his favorite meal is. The man graciously answers that the meal they are eating is fine. The father insists on hearing about the man's favorite meal. The father asks if the man likes steak. The man replies that he enjoys steak, so the father continues to describe an absolutely delicious dinner. Then, the father asked the man about turning the garbage can lid over and serving the food on that. The man looks disgusted. Then, the father continues to say that his daughter presented the man to them on a garbage can lid.

I say that to relate how things are presented. Getting back to spring, I have to keep things positive. I did not get a great response to cleaning up the yard, but I did get a great response to making a campfire and chopping up pieces of wood. :) It's all in how the same silly chore is presented.

No comments: