Monday, June 9, 2008

Tree Three

Praise God! He answers prayers. I prayed before every storm this weekend that no trees would hit the house. None of them did! :)

Tree three fell in the pond!!! YAY! No house repairs!


If you will recall, when I began this blogging business, we had just been hit by tree #2. Please, see Tree Two for more details about that time.

Here are the remains of tree two that were recently cut down.

Jeff and I both used all of our strength to roll it off of the lawn towards the woods.

Back to pre-tree three, Jeff had just told us to go downstairs due to the high winds. Like dopes, all three of us stood watching through the upstairs bedroom window as we heard this loud crack. I can't describe the adrenaline rush of watching a giant tree fall when my husband is cutting it down, let alone when it's coming down without my husband's help. Needless to say, we soon went downstairs.

Looking at it today, this will be difficult to remove since we have neither truck nor ample tractor anymore to remove the bugger from the pond. Half of it is rotten, so it probably doesn't weigh as much as it could. One of our neighbors offered his tractor to pull sections out once they are cut. We will probably do that, but it will be messy.

ANYHOW...

On a good note *pleasant chime*, the garden is doing very well due to the rain and nitrogen in the air and now soil.


Can you see the peas and corn? (For those of you who know my preferences, the peas were Keegan's idea, not mine!)


The strawberries look very promising.


The herbs just jumped up this weekend, and everything looks so green.


Keegan and I even weeded some last Saturday. After weeding, we went fishing with Grandma because it was Michigan's free fishing weekend. Grandma caught three little ones. Keegan and I had fun catching a 12 inch bass. All pictures are on her camera, but I'll add them if she sends them. (Love ya, Ma!)

4 comments:

Gina said...

Yay for trees not hitting houses! Thank God for protection!

Bugle Boy said...

You got Mom to fish? WOW!

the Pharmer's Wife said...

Mom loves to fish.

the Pharmer's Wife said...

Pardon me! I was just informed that mom caught four little fish. I only took three of them off of the hook for her.