So my husband and I were having a lovely conversation with another couple in our living room. They have four children, and we have just Keegan. The four oldest, out of the five total, children were outside playing...or so we thought.
All of the children came inside. Keegan came up to me to ask something. I don't really remember what he was saying because I was trying to make sense of the smear of blood underneath his eye. Then I noticed more blood around the back of his ear.
"Why is there blood on your face?" I asked.
"Um..." was the crushing response.
I repeated myself a bit more sternly, "Why is there blood on your face?"
"Um..." sounded again. "...we were throwing wood at each other."
"You were doing what?"
"We were throwing wood at each other. I grabbed a napkin and tried to wipe off the blood."
The conversation deteriorated after that because all four adults were scolding all four older children, while all four older children were trying to explain why throwing wood was a fun entertainment activity. No adults were impressed. Three out of four children were in tears.
Shortly after, both mothers went outside to see the size of the wood, which the children claimed was small. The wood we saw had various sizes, three of which were full blown logs for our wood burning stoves, some were shreds of bark, and one chunk was the bottom of our Christmas tree that Jeff cut before placing it in water.
HELLO! They were not small pieces of wood!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment