Friday, January 30, 2009

Circular Conversation...and then there was Keegan

So, I have a funny circular conversation that I occasionally use as a means to gain laughs. The monologue is as follows:

Rats...Rats. I hate rats. They drive me crazy.
Crazy...I was crazy once. They put me in a padded room and told me to get a life.
Life...that's a magazine that costs 50 cents. I only have 25. Rats!
Rats...I hate rats. They drive me crazy...

...and the circular conversation continues until people are laughing hysterically or someone becomes exasperated. Today was the first time Keegan heard me perform this bit of humor. He didn't know what to do as he sat at the table grinning from ear to ear while Jeff just shook his head. So, I continued. Finally, Jeff leaned over and said, "Tell her to stop."

Keegan said, "Stop," and I did.

Then, Keegan wanted me to repeat it so he could learn it. I was busy, so he made up his own version, as follows:

Rats...I hate rats. They drive me bonkers.
Bonkers...I was a little bonkers dude once. They said I was crazy.
Crazy...so I need ten cents, but I only have seven. Rats!
Rats...I hate rats. They drive me bonkers.
Bonkers...I went bonkers once. They put me in a room with rats.
Rats cost 15 cents. I only have 12. That's just crazy!
Crazy...it's just crazy that the rats cost 25 cents. That's just bonkers.
Bonkers...I'm so bonkers that I need to get a life.

No comments: