We have experienced some significant life changes as of late. Some of them follow:
A few months ago, I used to turn my head anytime any one's child was calling out "mom." Now, I just ignore all general pages for "mom" from little lungs for the first minute or two.
Our house now has random, "shake your booty" moments, complete with song and inappropriate motions. We're trying to remedy the situation by downplaying it, but I'm not sure that's helping one bit.
Entertainment value has risen, especially while children are taking baths/showers. We currently hear versions of opera, as well as many other genres of singing. Spelling words with bath crayons is a great idea. Somehow, I wasn't phased when Serena covered herself with the dark red bath crayon on all limbs, and screamed, "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY! I'm bleeding!"
Serena's teacher is hilarious. He wrote, "You go, girl!" on one of her papers. She pulled out the said paper at home, read the line with proper voice inflection, and began a hip-hop dance in the middle of the kitchen. Keegan and I simply burst into laughter.
Our pediatrician noted at Keegan's office visit yesterday with an ear-to-ear grin, "So...you have two talkers now." Yup. We sure do. Jeff and I don't even want to talk to each other when the children are sleeping because we are immensely enjoying the silence. There is about seven times the noise in the household as their used to be.
In regards to laundry, cute little white and pink outfits show much more in the way of hot cocoa, chili, and sloppy joe stains than boys' blue, in-spite-of the fact that Serena gets just as many stains on her clothes as Keegan does. Also, the gray stripe on the bottom of boys' socks hide so much more than the cute little pink or purple stripe on the bottom of girls'. Furthermore, I think I have to change my sorting habits. I used to have the red pile, the white pile, the blue pile, and so forth. I need to add the glitter pile as daddy will not be thrilled to have nice sparkly underwear for next week. (Sorry, Honey.)
...and those are just some of the changes that stick out in my mind.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad you get to experience pink sparkles! Can't wait to meet her!
Haha, Sis! Good times...yeah, the noise level certainly is up there. Sometimes, I imagine what it is like to be inside a grand piano...It sounds like you're having a good time...can't wait to meet Serena and "shake, rattle, and roll"!
Post a Comment