Wednesday, February 6, 2008

the big scare

Well, we've been having some fun with Keegan, especailly when we learn more about his personality. He is very competitive. We played the game Careers tonight, and he was rather strategic and almost ruthless. We laughed a lot.

*Side note: Careers is a game where the goal is to search for happiness (hearts), fame (stars), or wealth (money). My family often played this game when I was child. At the beginning, the players create a secret formula that adds to 60. A good formula might be 20 stars, 20 hearts, and 20,000 dollars. My mother used to win much of the time because she often went for all hearts. The game is accurate, too, because in the political career, a person can earn a lot of money and fame but not a lot of happiness. In the medical field, there is a lot of money, happiness, and some fame. In the teaching career, there is a lot of happiness but not a lot of money. Most of my family members are teachers. Think about that. I find it interesting that after explaining what the stars, hearts, and money represented, Keegan really wanted all hearts.*

-Changing Subjects-
As some of you know, our blonde dog, Schnitzel, enjoys pushing anything that moves with her nose. Even one day long ago, I heard this plink...plink...plink noise. I walked into our living room to watch this dog methodically nudge our stone chess set pieces on their sides, hitting the stone board and making a plink sound. How crazy is that?!

Schnitzel likes to nudge doors in our house so they shut. Due to this fact, she has often shut herself in our bathroom. Well, Keegan began walking towards the bathroom, and the door was mostly shut. I instantly expected to open the door and see Schnitzel on the other side, wagging her tail.

Poor Keegan did not have the same expectations that I had! He politely knocked on the door, not being sure why it was mostly shut and the lights were off. His knocking opened the door a little, and he pushed the door open as I tried to explain that Schnitzel was inside. I didn't get all the words out by the time he had reached the light switch. Needless to say, Keegan was suprised. He yelled a short, "AHHHHHHH!" and then he began to laugh. Did I mention that Keegan has a great sense of humor. Let me say that Jeff and I had a great laugh, too.

I asked him if his britches were still dry. He rolled his eyes at me and laughed some more. Later, whenever he saw Schnitzel, he said, "Jeepers-creepers, dog, you about scared the hebe-gebes out of me!" Too funny!

1 comment:

Bugle Boy said...

That sounds like it was a really good time! Our girls keep getting funnier as they get older. Granted, they are developing some traits that aren't as desirable too...but when we pay attention, they make us smile!