This is an update about our adoption process. :)
The short version is that we are headed in the correct direction with our homestudy, and we felt quite encouraged with our visit from the social worker on Friday.
The longer version is that I think that we (Jeff, Keegan, and myself) are struggling some with the waiting. A friend of ours from church, who happens to be a social worker, gave us some advice about our homestudy. I asked him how long it should take, and his answer was, "Longer than you want." We laughed, but that answer is so true.
Keegan keeps asking questions that we can't answer right now. Things look like they are going in the right direction, but things can change in a moment's notice. God is in control of everything, including the hearts and minds of everyone involved.
I kept hearing the Casting Crowns song "Voice of Truth" last week. I enjoy the lyrics in reference to David and Goliath:
The giants calling out my name, and he laughs at me,
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.
The giant keeps on telling me time and time again,
"Boy, you'll never win. You'll never win!"
But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story.
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid."
The Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory."
Out of all the voices calling out to me,
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth.
Then, one of our friends sang it at church on Sunday. I tried to not cry. To top it all off, another friend shared his testimony about their families' adoption of their son and how they have three more children that God is providing the way to adopt. He highlighted the words from the song, "This is for My glory." WOW!
FLASHBACK: I remember talking to my dad about waiting for job interviews at the age of twenty-two. I was fresh out of college, and I sent resumes everywhere. I told my dad that I didn't know what else to do. He told me that sometimes God is honored best by faithful waiting, and he pointed me to Hebrews 11:6 that says, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
I learned a lot, and I'm pointed back to that verse now. Many people had to wait in the Bible. Simeon waited for the consolation of Israel through Christ. Sarah, Rebekah, and Hannah all waited for children. David waited to become a king. God even waited for Noah to complete the ark. Joseph faithfully waited through slavery and prison for God's plan. Jacob waited for his desired wife fourteen years. The list goes on and on.
Please, keep praying with us that God will be honored and glorified in this process. Please, pray for Keegan, too, that his heart will be calmed.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How often have we been in God's waiting room, waiting till our name is called and the wait is over! I will pray that the wait will be over soon, and that the lessons learned while you wait will honor God!
What an encouraging reminder that we all need to wait sometimes for God's answer. That is sometime harder than the actual things we sometimes have to endure. We are praying as you wait and will be here waiting with you!
I think waiting is probably the single hardest part of the Christian journey for me. And yet, as Christians, we will ultimately always be waiting until Jesus comes back. Thanks for reminding me and encouraging me to wait faithfully!
Post a Comment