Sunday, February 17, 2008

The State of Confusion

Are you a University of Michigan or Michigan State fan?

Well, I had a very fun conversation with Keegan this weekend. We were talking about U of M vs. State. He couldn't make up his mind, and of course he continually switched back and forth.

My alter ego, the teacher with the same last name who teaches at a district where I sub, has various Michigan State items around her room. We often laugh at how much we are alike. We have the same last name, we are both teachers, we are both in the adoption process, we even both went to the Casting Crowns concert on Valentine's Day. Well, I razzed her about liking State. She momentarily looked very somber and said, "Maybe we're not so much alike." Then we chuckled, and she proceeded to tell me that her and her husband were third generation State grads. I guess she has a good reason to like State.

Anyhow...back to the conversation with Keegan. After much indecision, he said, "I really don't like either. I like Daddy State." I was perplexed and asked what he meant. Then he asked, "Is it Daddy University?"

I said, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Once again, he said, "You know, Daddy State, where Daddy works!"

"You mean Ferris State?" I asked.

Keegan replied, "Yup, that's the one."

:)

Later, another confusing moment happened. I had told Keegan that we hoped to take him to Detroit with us for one of Dad's big conventions. We purchased a suit (see other blog for the great deal!) for him to wear and a swimsuit to use at the hotel pool. Well, he asked Jeff to see his clothes for the "swimming thing." Jeff was momentarily confused as to why Keegan would wear a dress suit in a swimming pool. I explained, and things were understood.

No comments: