My feet hurt! I've been standing on them most of the day for canning. Keegan and I weeded and developed the garden to help grow the veggies for pickles, spaghetti sauce, chili, and salsa. Then, we picked blackberries and all the other varieties of berries that grow around our house in order to can more!
Today I made pickles. That was a first for me, but it was really easy. I hope they turn out. I even made some spicy, Jalapeno-Garlic-Dills for my hubby. (I think my brother, brothers'-in-law, and nephews will enjoy these, too.)
I've made at least ten batches of jam so far. Yesterday, I made two of mixed berry because we have raspberries, blackberries, black raspberries, logan berries, and still some strawberries.
The grounds around here produce so much good food. (Yet another reason to stay.) I'm glad that we will at least get the veggies from the garden before we move if God sells the house. :)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment