Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day Six: The Condo

Jeff is officially finished with his conference, so we left downtown San Antonio and are not located in New Braunfels. The condo Jeff found is great. We really spent the afternoon in the historic district eating lunch, shopping at a few old fashioned stores, and going to Walmart to purchase some groceries. The area is an interesting mix of Southern hospitality, German immigrants, and Mexicans. Seriously, I could hear German and Mexican at the stores. The funny thing was that few people speak English as their primary language here.

While at these old fashioned stores, we found some rather interesting sayings posted on various items. I will share only the non-profane ones here, as I would rather not share the profane ones with anyone.

Keegan acts really funny about all of it. He tries to act like the parent or high protector of me at times. He was rather loudly saying, "Mom, you don't even want to read that one!" Ah well. Here are the sayings:

men, coffee, and chocolate--the richer the better

You can tell a German anywhere, but you can't tell him much.

If a man speaks his mind, and no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

At my age, "getting lucky" means finding my car in the parking lot.

Attention all teens: if you want freedom, go ahead. Move out, get a job, pay your own bills, and do it now while you still know everything.

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Friends always welcome: Family by appointment only

A mean German is a sour kraut.


Later in the afternoon, we swam in the heated pool at the condo. We ate frozen pizza and watched the movie "Rudy" on TV.

Keegan has a wart growing on his bottom eye lid. Periodically, we have to clip it off with nail clippers. (Once we return, we are going to see a dermatologist about it.) We clipped it tonight, and the thing bled a lot more than usual. Finally it stopped. As we put Keegan to bed, we said prayers together. When Jeff said, "Amen," I instantly heard Keegan say "mom" and looked up to see Keegan with a pool of blood in his eye and all over his face. He tried to sit up, and I pushed him back down on the bed so blood wouldn't get all over the pristine white sheets. Jeff stayed with him as I ran to get some paper towels. Ahh. That was really gross. Finally, we got it to settle down again.

I'm going to bed soon.

1 comment:

Bugle Boy said...

Woohoo - fun times with bodily functions!