Jeff had a full day of conferencing and the weather was 85 degrees, so Keegan and I took a bus to Sea World. We had a blast!!!!
Our first stop was the dolphin feeding area. Around a giant tank, the dolphins swim right up to the edge while the people lean out on a ledge/edge. Keegan actually petted two of them. His eyes were as big as saucers. He enjoys sea life and the ocean so much!
Next, we watched the dolphin show with synchronized swimmers and acrobats. It was amazing! Some of the diver/acrobats jumped from a catwalk at least five stories high. There was a lot of adventure and excitement. Of the three shows we watched, this was definitely the best.
Later, Keegan wanted to ride some roller coasters. Well...I'm not a big fan, but I did take him on the loggers' run style ride. His face was priceless as he went down the final drop at the end. Excitement dripped from his grinning face as his body tensed and eyes grew wide. After the big splash, he turned to look at me. After a brief pause, Keegan shouted, "Whoa! That was awesome!"
After visiting some of the kiddie rides of a 20 foot drop, the great play-sail boat, and the Shamu Happy Harbor water play area, we went in search of greater adventures, to the Lost Atlantis ride. About twenty people sit in a boat, travel upward at least ten stories high, twist around a few times, plunge backwards about three of the stories, travel back up to the original height, twist around again, and plunge back to the bottom, making a gigantic splash which soaks everyone.
Upon entering, I asked Keegan if he wanted to sit on the outer edge or on the inside of the boat. Two Nordic gentlemen sat next to Keegan and I in the boat. On the way up, I was teasing Keegan while raising his anxiety level a bit, continually asking if he was ready. While we turned around, he conversed with me quite normally. When we plunged backwards, I held my breath as the ride was a bit thrilling. When we finally stopped, I was looking all around but not at Keegan.
Suddenly, one of the Nordic men asked Keegan if he was ok. I turned to see Keegan as white as a sheet with a look of terror I have not yet seen upon his face. He still had not responded to the Nordic guy, so I reiterated the question. In a hushed tone, Keegan responded, "I did NOT like going backwards."
By this time, we were spinning around again, and as we lined up backwards with the large drop, I made a comment about possibly dropping backwards. Keegan was NOT amused. We plummeted to the bottom, going forwards and getting soaking wet. I asked Keegan how he liked the ride. He reminded me that he did NOT like traveling backwards!
We also saw a show with killer whales, another show with sea lions and a manatee. We played in the water park and had lots of fun. If you want to see more, visit Sea World dot com. :)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am enjoying reading about your vacation! I would love to go to Sea World someday! Sounds like you guys are having fun!
Haha - Becky just enjoys reading about it because she wouldn't like to go on the rides. : ) It does sound like a lot of fun...even going backwards.
Post a Comment